28.8.10

Much ado about muffins

everything from H&M, thrifted bag

*Scheduled post*

As you read this, I'm in Hong Kong, probably in a family lunch with relatives I have not ever met before or had not seem since I wore nappies and found my uncle's embarassing jokes funny. Aren't family reunions great?

I went to the Globe Theatre last week with my family. Originally we were going to see a play, but it rained that day, and a 3 hour play in the rain with my younger sisters who didn't want to see it in the first place seemed unfair, so instead we went on the exhibition/tour. I won't go into detail about it because I don't remember much of what the tour guide was saying but I do remember her saying that the most expensive seats were the ones at the very sides of the stage because the Elizabethans went to hear a play rather than watch it. Which I found strange. But so is chewing on garlic, which they did too.

I was hoping that the visit would make me more interested in the Shakespeare lessons at school, but part of me still wishes that we don't have to scrutinize every quote of that single scene we study for a whole term and write a whole essay about at school.

The muffin in the title post is to do with the story of the purchase of my blueberry muffin (FYI I love muffins), after the lady at the counter claimed I had asked for a cheese and ham panini and had heated it up for me, then made me wait standing there for 5 minutes before finally giving me my blueberry muffin and made me wait even longer before I got my mocha frap, by which time my sisters were waiting outside the shop having finished their chocolate brownies, hence, much ado (fuss) about muffins, from much ado about nothing, a Shakespeare play, which I thought was a very relevant title.

I promise I won't write so much again.




I was hoping to write a witty and relevant Shakespearian quote to end the post, but my mind is blank, and the only quote I can think of is 

'Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.'

Ok, I'm lying, I googled 'Shakespeare goodbye quotes'.
But you get the idea.


Ask me what it means and I will lie.

Peace out ;)
Lovee
xx

17 comments:

  1. lol funny post and pics, the thames is a such great place to take photos

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great and funky shoes.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blazer is the perfect size! I'm jealous.

    Oh! And Hong Kong! I'm thinking about studying abroad there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit~
    http://www.bubblistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i've tagged you over at my blog :)
    http://www.bubblistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I had to read Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet during school, and of course when you read shakespeare it equals...dun dun dun--a Shakespeare research project! I recognized the theater that you posted pictures of from that!

    At least in the end you got your just desserts? (sorry for the bad pun, couldn't resist!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! The Globe Theatre is so amazing, I love it, and awesome blazer :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh great!! hope you are having a nice week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving those chunky necklaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute in that outfit, the blazer is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice blog
    I must visit you more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like it!

    And please follow my new blog http://thefashionbuilding.blogspot.com/ and unfollow http://www.doyou-believeitornot.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wah the blazer is amazing and i like how u match it with the blue shoes , its really edgy

    and ahhh i just woke up and reading about the muffin and panini sandwich makes me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonanfide blazer!...have fun in Japan I hope to go there next year...keeping my fingers crossed.
    xo
    katorra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that long long jacket :)
    I am your new member because you're ... almost perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥