30.10.10

SITTING ON THE BACK SEAT BANGING ON THE OFF BEAT

vintage blazer, scarf from my lovely nan, jigsaw maxi

Today I went to the Untold Noir launch at the Somerset House. There were a few exhibitions, including one of a contemperary footwear and accessory designer (above), whose creations were a brilliant mix of edginess, randomness and unique imagination. I wasn't able to stay for the catwalk there because we got there pretty early, so instead we decided to explore London a little. And by that, I mean walking around aimlessly taking photos of anything I thought looked awesome. Kind of like a tourist. But not. Because I go up London nearly every weekend. I love it there.

We went to Southbank -I really love it there- , then Westminster, where there were street/free runners-not as extreme as jumping from rooftops of buildings, but extreme enough to leave me watching for a good 5 minutes saying 'wow, that's awesome' and 'zomg look at that!'. Me? easily amused? no way..

SO, after a few hours, the weather decided -I personify 'weather' as an excuse not to be blamed for being unprepared for the rain- to suddenly change its mind and not be sunny with the highest of 12, but to instead rain. So thanks weather for cutting my day short, and also for ruining my skirt.

I was pretty soaked and moody when I got home, and ripping my tights on the way in didn't really help either. However, flat hair and a pair of tights down, I came home to see that we had a clear out. And to me that only really means on thing. Ruuuuuummmaaaggggeee through things ;). And that I did.

I found some pretty rad stuff, including my plaster cast 'King Tut' mummy encased in a 'tomb' shoe box I made in year 3 and my dad's bow tie he wore for his wedding (probably will make an appearance in later outfit posts). I also found a load of my mum's old clothes and a vintage Givenchy necklace! *does happy 'Chandler dance'.*


Lovee
xx

39 comments:

  1. Hello, je t'invite à te joindre à nous pour l'opération échange de blog, le principe est simple:
    échanger son blog le temps d'un post avec une autre blogueuse,
    préparer son post puis l'envoyer par mail à la blogueuse avec qui on échange ! l’occasion de découvrir de nouveaux blogs mais aussi de faire découvrir ton blog à de nouveau visiteurs :)

    plus d'info ici

    http://leblogdeddw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like such a fascinating day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww your having so much fun! Im glad im back in london next week so many things to catch up on. Great pictures btw :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for your lovely comment :)
    the shoe in the third picture is absolutely awesome. you could do some serious damage with that thing if sitatutions required severe self defense.
    I love London too and the fact that I live twenty minutes away means I no longer have to be a sad tourist1
    I love your bag and you're scarf. You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute photos! i love your scarf :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu look amazing!
    great bag and shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahw loving ur outfit, its like a mix of grunge and cute, lovely! And those shoes of the exhibition:O wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful look !!!
    your pictures are very great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing scarf. And I love that it's from your nan.

    xx

    November Grey

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS PICS :)
    i loved the 3rd one, which was the shoe picture !
    and i also love the scarf !

    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you enjoyed?! That picture with the water is beautiful.. And those studded wedges WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i lovee your outfit! oh wow, i wish i could live where you do and see thsoe amaizng places daily! I LOVE FRIENDS! so excited for the movie! :)
    x
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pics, I really love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AH. These pictures look so profesh. Did you get a new camera? Nonetheless, j'adore.

    AND I WANT TO BE CHANDLER. (actually, that;s a lie, I want to be Phoebe but SAME THING)

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aargh what a disaster weather wise! I hope nothing was properly ruined :( Sounds like a fantastic exhibition! jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow It must be a great place! I love your outfit :)

    visit my blog?

    jessie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wassup little one!??

    how r u?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pics!
    &Your drawings in the previous posts are amazing, so cool!

    Wich cam do you use? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not usually a fan of vintage but me likey!

    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pics are stunning!
    I love you scarf and your bag.

    Lots of love from France
    ♥ Chloé

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, that necklace sounds amazing! no wonder you had to celebrate ;)

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously in love with your blog...definitely following x

    ReplyDelete
  23. that wheel shoe is amazing!!

    LuvLux
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely love your outfit! It's great! The handbag and scarf are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. great photos! i am so incredibly jealous of your Givenchy find! and i especially love the chandler reference! i like your style girl
    xx
    www.mysterybruises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. love these! esp the first photo where the kid behind you is running like a crazy person x hivennn.

    ReplyDelete
  27. great pics! and nice blazer!;)

    http://mypointmystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow that shoe scared me!!
    ahah

    xoxo

    lotteryholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. your scarf and blazer look so so nice <3
    love your blog, now following (:
    check out mine / follow back?
    http://intotheforbidden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. hey,
    you have a very lovely blog!!
    do you want to follow each other??
    i would be happy if you visit me:

    http://ohwunder.blogspot.com/

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome photos, I looked at a few of your older posts btw and I think your blog is lovely!

    Chandler Bing is one epic dude ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome shoes, and I love your outfit :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful pictures!! i adore ur style and that scarf is a BEAUTY>>
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. oooh, i love that fratellis song! but i hate ripping tights, soooo annoying :(

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Melissa harika çok güzel blog beatiful.izleyicin oldum canım:)thank you.kısses

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥