7.2.11

Cinderella, cigarettes and scenes from the past

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


Hello all you lovely people, those who have visited my blog before (you guys are awesome, electronic hugs from me to you) may recall a little post on my love for weddings, which you can check out here, and may already know that I went to a wedding yesterday! In my eyes, weddings are so beautiful, and it's beyond me how people think they're 'boring', but if there's one thing everyone can agree on, it's probably the beast of a feast at weddings. Unfortunately my sister used up the battery of the camera taking photos of balloons and peoples feet (because that's how 6 year olds take photos), so no food photos, apart from one of the cake, which was nearly as beautiful as the chocolate profiteroles I devoured. (Yay food baby) I'm not afraid to admit that I got a bit emotional at times and let out a little tear, luckily with no one noticing and without smudging my make up, but weddings don't come around that often, and when they do, all my excitement and emotions build up, and I just can't help it...

It goes without saying that my favourite weddings are ones that join 2 different cultures, and this one was exactly that. My cousin was the bride, and we're chinese, from Hong Kong, and the groom's family is Greek. Some of the Greek wedding traditions, especially the dances are so fun; everyone gets into it, from the grandads to the kids, which I loved! There was a dance where the guests pin money to the bride and groom, and another where everyone joins in in a huge circle...super fun.

So, on more fashion-related news, I didn't end up wearing the topshop dress I had bought especially because my mum decided it was too dark for a wedding (I made an effort not to show it to her too early before the wedding as I knew she was say this and make me change it). Instead, after about an hour of going through my wardrobe for forgotten dresses that could be suitable, I found this little gem I bought last year from Traffic People, which was £10 in the sale. Deciding it was too late to change after we thought we might have a spontaneous going-out lunch, I settled with it, and the rest is history.

Ok. So for the part I've been itching to write about. I BOUGHT A CHLOÉ BAG!! Ok, I'm lying, but it felt good saying that. My mum let me borrow her vintage Chloé bag that my uncle bought for her before I was born, I was pretty much smiling and admiring it for the whole day because it's just SO DAMN PRETTY!! Love the little gems she hides in that little wonderland of hers, how that one escaped my clutches so far has escaped me, but I like surprises, and that one was a fabulous one.

I think I've rambled on far too long now, and thank you if you've read this far! I could tell you so many more wonderful things about the wedding and weddings in general, and I can, if you want, but probably not, so au revoir, I'll be posting soon! 

Lovee
xx

59 comments:

  1. Wow I love everything about your outfit,looks so chic!Like the bag,the dress and the tights of course,so beautiful!!
    P.S.Like your blog darling so just followed you!Kisses!

    http://nothinglikefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are TOO adorable.
    i really love that bag TOO MUCH.<3
    you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny photos.
    Nice outfit:)

    xx
    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute outfit! And I love this bag, too, huh

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe bag :O So pretty :)
    Love the detailing on your dress too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. One word: CUTE! Yes you!
    And also congratualtions with your cousin ^^
    That cake just look too way good to eat it really...

    xx~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so beautiful !
    You look p-e-r-f-e-c-t !
    Love it.
    Congrats ! :)
    xoxo,Kinga.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the tights - the spots are awesome :)

    Mollie from we-are-the-crowd.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice bag!

    see my blog:)

    xx

    http://theblondecocktail.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are lovely photos. Nice bag and i love your tights too!

    http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats an amazing looking cake

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so gorgeous and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks so much for your comment & follow.
    cute outfit, I love that little bag!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your comment ! Lovely blog ! I add this in my favorites ! Kiss xxx
    http://Marieblogueuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. A chloe bag! Ahhh jealous! I love your dress, and love your blog. Following. Hope you visit back :)
    www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so beautiful, the dress is gorgeous and the bag!! love it!!

    fashionatemybrains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah that bag is GORGEOUS! You're so lucky your mom has such a lovely bag. I love Chinese weddings and the fusion with Greek culture must have meant the wedding was immense! I can't even imagine! You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw thanks lovely for following my blog! :) i'm now following yours as well :). and you're oh so cute and pretty! omg i'm SUPER jealous right now of having the Chloe bag!! even if it's ur mom's, at least you get to borrow it ;). ahh, i seriously want one or a chanel vintage bag :p.
    hope you're having a great week so far girl! :)

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow I love your glasses!

    www.sceneofchangery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the bag! The wedding sounds like it was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving the polka dots and that bag is gorge girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh I wanna have your bag! hehehe Voted on you btw!

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha lol:) you're funny. Yummy that wedding cake looks really good.. I like these sorts of cakes! and you look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. woaw, Cloë bag?! That super cool! It looks really pretty btw.

    http://anewpairofvintageboots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute pictures, love your purse !


    faialofa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. These pictures are adorable! I love your glasses :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. AHHHHHHHH!!! YOU ARE soooo cute! <3
    I just wanna hug u :P
    Thanks for following my blog :3

    ReplyDelete
  28. that vintage bag is really gorgeous !!
    im assuming it matches with everything in ur closet.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. Weddings certainly are great for a feast! I love your outfit and the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm obsessed with that adorable bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haha such a cute selection of pictures!!!! =D
    http://happeningsofrainbowing.blogspot.com/
    Shame you couldn't wear your topshop dress though D=

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow love the outfit
    thatnk you so much for passing

    ReplyDelete
  33. THE DRESS, THE BAG, THE CAKE!
    now, thats what I call a good post. Its got a bit of everything hahaha. You look lovely! Thanks for your sweet comment - and sorry for the late reply! panda xo

    ReplyDelete
  34. well i am so damn in love with your blog hon! im from London too - bloody love it!


    a fashion blog by lydialee!

    ReplyDelete
  35. well i am so damn in love with your blog hon! im from London too - bloody love it!


    a fashion blog by lydialee!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really love the way you dress! your blog and your pictures are so cool!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awww, i love your dress, it's so pretty and sparkly! I hope you had a wonderful day, plus the photos of balloons and feet sound rather impressive to me ;)
    Lovely photos!
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW. that purse is a beauty! your mom has great taste. xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. beautiful bag!xx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. you outfit is soooo stylish!!! I love the first picture, you look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  41. hey!! thanks for your sweet comment!!
    great post!:)
    love your blog so much!

    xx

    fashionbit

    ReplyDelete
  42. This outfit is amazing, I love everything about it !!

    Check out my giveaway :)

    Chelsea x

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've just found your blog!
    You look so pretty and I love your style...so see you soon :)

    Cheap is Chic

    ReplyDelete
  44. ahh you are so adorable :D I love the bag and your glasses and your tights....everything!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Photos are so great and you are beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  46. Looooooooove your outfit and bag! So cute!

    Would you check out my blog on http://magicmemaiken.blogspot.com/ thanks!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  47. thats the cutest little purse!

    www.karistreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for your comment! I like the dress!

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥