17.2.11

DIY: Feathered Ear Cuff

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
On Sunday I made this feathered earring, partly due to boredom, but mostly because I've always wanted one but never got to making one. It's so simple to make and literally takes about 10 minutes!! Here's how to make one:
You'll need:
- Feathers
- Chains (from necklaces, bracelets etc)
- Plyers 
- Jewelery jumprings
- Charms (from necklaces etc)
- Stud earring(s) -If you have your cartilage pierced, you need 2 earrings, if not you can use a plain ear cuff.
Photobucket
1. Attatch a jumpring to both ends of the chain.
2. Add a feather on one end of the chain through the jumpring, and another feather or a charm on the other end of the chain.
3. On the end with the feather, open the jumpring again and loop it through the butterfly of the earring, so they are attatched.
4. On the other end of the chain, either attatch to the other earring if you have your cartilidge pierced, or a cuff.
5. Add more chains, feathers and pretty things onto the chain for decoration!
Photobucket
A few hours after making this, I wore it out to dinner, and it fell off  and got crushed, I cried, got home, and made another one. The 'cuff' is actually an old ring that I cut using wire cutters becuase I don't actually have an ear cuff, and as you can imagine, because the edges were razor sharp it hurt like hell when I put it on, but after a while it went numb so I couldn't feel it.
It's the last day of term tomorrow, so I should be posting more regularly from then, I'll be hitting the vintage markets with Aimee, which is gonna be awesome, we'll be going Portobello Market, Camden, Brick Lane and a vintage fair!

Lovee
xx

Follow melissaman_ on Twitter
Follow Unicorn and Tee

33 comments:

  1. wow, that is so cool! I need to get some feathers.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are awesome, you should sell them, I'd definitely buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous for your market/fair trips you have lined up! I was about to ask.. how long did it last. Really innovative, I wish I had the time to make something so unique! jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. FEATHERS :) (my blog is called feathers of inspiration)
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! :) I"M actually going (!) to make it (i'm determined!). thanks for an awesome tip melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you did a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome I love diy stuff!!

    Marcy,
    smudgemyeyeliner.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's cool ! Kiss xxx
    http://Marieblogueuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the ear cuff! too bad it hurts!
    but loving the other feather ear piece too!
    i think you can find super cheap ear cuffs on etsy for like 6$

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your earrings! each piece is amazing i'm obsessed. I just stumbled upon your blog and i love it!!
    i'm new to all this so i'm just getting started, but feel free to check out mine i'f you'd like :)
    xo,
    http://piecessofthisaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoaa cool! why don't you make a small online store to sell your creations? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. really nice! you did a great job:)

    thebeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks amazing! I think I am going to make one for myself, I've been craving one for ages!!

    You are really talented :)

    fashionatemybrains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are very creative !
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for becoming a follower on my blog! What a great idea this is, i love feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love feathers earrings. I am often on the look out for new ones and love to wear mine.
    http://mypretaporterblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a really cool tutorial
    i might actually attempt to make one.
    vintage fairs are always fun but i always seem to have the worst luck in them :D

    best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  18. that's awesome, you are so creatove!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it, it's great for my outfit as an indian for school :p

    http://kokool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love ur photos :)

    xoxo

    http://merilyyblogi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cool!
    Follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
    THank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. cool blog i like those earrings

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I love this post. such a great inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. great! im trying to make something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Where did you get the ear cuffs?

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥