23.2.11

Melissa & Aimee Day 6: Brick Lane

I'm gonna spam you with photos.
IMG_1764
IMG_1763
IMG_1762
IMG_1751
IMG_1746
IMG_1748
IMG_1741
IMG_1744
IMG_1737
IMG_1779
IMG_1797
IMG_1817
Yes, my pockets are GREEN VELVET.
IMG_1826
IMG_1740
IMG_1789
IMG_1787
IMG_1761

Day 6 of our 'Days of fun' series has been in my eyes one of the best so far. Aimee and I spent the day in Brick Lane, it was my first time there, but I'll definately be going back more often, and soon. Although some of the shops and markets were not as cheap as Portobello market or some vintage fairs, we got some pretty awesome bargains and the atmosphere was buzzing and of course the food was fabulous!

My first buy was the gold cross brooch (see photo 3), which I got for £3, and I wore it straight away, as it married with the colour of my cardigan. And becuase I love it so much. Aimee bought the ammmmazing faux  fur coat (photo 10) for a super £20! If only you could feel it....it's so so soft. I'm not usually a coat person (I prefer to freeze in the British weather in a cosy cardigan or chunky jumper), but the 2 coats I bought were the best I have ever bought. The first was the huge black mens pea coat with a chunky collar (I wear the collar up to feel powerful...) and the second was the coat above, I think it's sheepskin, and has leather lapels and green velvet pockets! Granted, not as soft and silky as Aimee's faux fur, but I love it anyway. I found it in the last market we visited, which is by FAR the biggest, so we were pretty gutted that we found it towards the end of the day, when we had practically spent all our money...

Lunch was a pad thai for Aimee and a falafel wrap for me, followed by music, courtesy of the awesomely dressed people in the video, looked like they were making a music video...which would be pretty awesome, seeing as Aimee got in the shot a few times...
The last 2 photos were taken in a mirrored window, and it wasn't until we had finished taking them when we realised that people we inside who could see us. Daym.

Fiiinally, I would like to explain the change in layout of my blog. I was messing around with the template, and accidently changed it back to the old one, back to the old template with the blue polkadots...I hated it. So I stayed up trying to get it back, with no luck, so I settled with this one, and although I'm not completely happy with it, I thought a change would be good. What do you think- should I keep it or change it again?


OH and we saw Sandra from 5 inch and up in Absolute Vintage. Highlight of the day.


Lovee
xx

36 comments:

  1. Yes I am a stalker :/ Well, for most part I take great pride in commenting :) IM THE FIRST COMMENTER! Anyways good morning from Toronto and I just wanna say these pics genuinely made my morning all I need now is a lil Starbucks :) Have a good day :)
    -Tray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I love Bricklane. It's great in the summer. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos, you look amazing !!
    xoxo,Kinga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uuugh i freaking LOVE brick lane, best place for shopping, please tell me you went into beyond retro? you have to check it out when you go back, one of my fave vintage shops ever.

    I went to brick lane a few weeks ago and got this amaaaaazing navy and burgundy pleated midi skirt. Vintage finds are always so much more satisfying :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spam all you want Melissa as long as the photos are that cute :) I'm fine with new layout too, its simple and clean! :) And mm, falafel talk made me real hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want those polaroids *_____*
    All of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is fantastic !!
    love it

    and cool photos !

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the second photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun photos and i like the new layout

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool photos you have !
    Look my blog and follow me if you want xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your style!
    the cross broach was beautiful
    now following you :)
    you should check out my blog & follow me too

    www.bobbieaustinscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos!!! i would really love to explore london one day :) looks like you had a grand time with aimee!

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. compliments! i really like your style!
    and compliments for your blog! :)

    I'm a your new follower
    XOXO
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the photo of the cameras and I love your blog *.*

    I follow you now, follow me? ^^
    stop by my new post and comment :D

    kisses!


    http://giveyouidiot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and your friend are adorable! I love the brotch so a great nifty find there and your friends coat is also amazing! Glad you had fun, I need to go there myself!

    Your template looks really nice too :)

    Katie. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful!
    Great blog !

    See ya !

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow your bag is mazing!!!

    http://jozefinafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your looks and amazing places! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your bag in the second photo! London seems so full of character :D (..this is london right?)

    ReplyDelete
  20. so much fun! I love the cameras and cakes :)

    thebeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are so gorgeous!!
    love your style :)
    xx

    http://sheplayedwithsnakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow you girls are just SOO chic! can i just say i LOVED being spammed with all your photos ;). omg the pic of all those cameras is AMAZING. wish i could find shelves of beautiful cams like that :), and woww the faux fur coat is AMAZING. loovess it <3.

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful cameras i never saw all at one place

    ReplyDelete
  24. you look really cute! :)

    following you now!

    http://lifespamphlet.blogspot.com/2011/02/shoots-on-my-list.html

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like the layout missy! Keep it I reckon :) And ALL THOSE CAMERAS! :O I would have struggled to have walked away without getting one! Love your blue cardy :) jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. I AM IN SHOCK OF THESE CAMERAS *_____* <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want to go so badly! Your buys are really adorable. Makes me want to go vintage shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. sweet Blog ♥

    hugh serah

    http://serah-de-fashix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. i've been soaking your posts on london like crazy as i will be going there in the summer and so want to see whats the best spots to hit while i'm there.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love love the cardigan you're wearing!

    All those cameras are amazing. I really need to go to London again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. han j'ai faim maintenant XD
    j'adore en tout cas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. all those cameras and baked goods are just making me drooooool

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥