29.3.11

Brooches and dreamcatchers

Last week I recieved an email asking if I could make a video on the DIY earring I posted about here. I was asked if I could make it with crosses instead of feathers, but I don't have any crosses, so I'm using little charms I bought a while back instead. The video quality was pretty bad so I decided it would be better to use photos, and plus, I hate my 'recorded voice'...(sorry if the instructions aren't too clear, if you have any question drop me a comment or email :) )


dfg
SAM_1995
vintage midi skirt and brooch, dreamcatcher was a gift
I've worn this skirt so many times, I just love the colour and the pleats.Before I found it, I was searching for a perfect midi skirt, but although ones from topshop and ASOS etc  are so so pretty, they don't come cheap, so being a bit of a bargain-sucker, I was so happy to have found this one in a charity shop! Being short (I've been about 5ft 4 for the past like, 3 years, so yeah, I'm expecting a growth spurt any time now), the skirt nearly comes down to my ankles, and I've been meaning to take the up an inch or two (or three...), but I have a strange reluctance to cut, alter or sew vintage clothes...

In other news, I've started using tumblr again! I went through a few weeks last year during a half term when I would reblog endlessly, and I was totally addicted, then the phase passed...BUT BABY IT'S BACK! (ahem, yep, so check it out chicks ;) This is a link to my tumblr pageTUMBLR
Have an awesome week, and be sure to be out in the sun on saturday because apparently it'll be sunnyyyyy!!
I'll leave you with my favourite performance of my favourite song from my favourite band...The Strokes, duh ;) 


Lovee
xx

P.S. Be sure to check out Aimee of Peardots&Polkadots's giveaway!!!

34 comments:

  1. i loooove your skirt... as well as the strokes <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome video! you look great dear and following you on tmblr <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE STROKES! <3 I love love love that skirt xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that skirt in a shorter version sooo bad , You read my mind I was just wondering if there was cute way to incorporate dream catchers into my outfit.
    Cutie :)
    XxTrayxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. The strokes!!! Casablanca in so sexy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your skirt with the dreamcatcher charm AWESOME :) and all your piercings in the video look pretty cool too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video! And you have a good recorded voice... promise!

    Love the dreamcatcher... such a unique aspect to your outfit!

    http://artfashiontwentysomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, gotta love the strokes :) and i love how you've incorporated the dreamcatcher! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely vintage skirt and brooch! you look gorgeous. love love :)


    Seek My Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want your red skirt
    it's pleated
    and it's midi..
    please please let me have it
    LOL
    kidding..

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, this is beautiful !
    I love it ♥
    xx

    Henar
    ...OH MY VOGUE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a dainty dreamcatcher! I never actually had one in my entire life - wish I did though. Love your blog - your style is super cute girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's nice to hear, that you are back on tumblr < 3
    you look brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your skirt.. And the dreamcatcher! Such an awesome idea, you look great! thank you so much for your lovely comment! Sorry for the late reply, Panda xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh thanks for the tutorial! I am def going to try it :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that skirt, lovely colour too. Nice post

    http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skirt is so beautiful! That color looks beautiful on you. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. super awesome DIY girl!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi melissa! Sorry i have dissapeared! But I'm back now! I really love your latest looks on lookbook and completely forgot I had you on there! Thanks for all the nice comments you usually leave! And don't u look good in red!
    www.photohappenings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing work with the earring, so masterful! loving your skirt! the colour is brilliant. the dreamcatcher is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the dreamcatcher as an accent on ur skirt!!! that's s creative!

    http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your skirt and all the accessories. I like your sense of style!
    kisses, v

    http://v4visionarity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's really cool! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That skirt is so pretty! Even better that you found it at a charity shop! :)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  25. i'd be hesitant to cut that pretty skirt too! but hey, great charity shop find! :)

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful.

    http://all-about-mimi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥