29.6.11

Burning at the loose threads

DSC08060
DSC08064
webcam to gif

A few weeks ago I went to my auntie's wedding, and if there is anything I love it's a June wedding with sun, crisp breezes and-oh wait, no. It rained. However luckily we managed to squeeze in the outdoor photos inbetween the short spurts of rain. So typical of London weather to be sunny one minute then suddenly pour down with rain. For most of the day I was trying not go get the bottom of my skirt wet whilst also trying not to trip over it because the threads at the bottom kept getting caught on my shoes, which made it pretty hard to walk up the stairs fast enough to catch up with everyone else who were trying to get out the rain which was hard for me as I was in freaking 5 inch platforms. All in all it was a super day with great food, and 2 amazing cakes.

Lately I've been wearing blouses quite a lot, expecially when I'm at home I just throw on a blouse and wear them with rolled up jeans, in fact thats what I'm wearing right now. I found this top in debenhams when I was looking for a fathers day present. I don't usually shop there but I spotted this blouse from the other side of the shop floor and it caught my eye. I wasn't going to buy it, as it was about £30 which is a little expensive for me for a blouse, but I was shopping with my mum and she bought it for me! We don't usually shop together because I'm more of a lone shopper (I take ages in shops and spend ages deciding on whether to buy something or not so people usually have to wait for me), and it's easier to just shop on my own. I love the cute peter pan collar and the sleeves are puffy and awesome, however it's alway see through, so I had to wear a top underneath.

The other day I went to my cousin's for her 23rd birthday, she made so many cupcakes and they were SO GOOD, we had so many. Man it was like cupcake ecstasy.

Toodles sweets

Lovee
xx

35 comments:

  1. Love the blue skirt! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with your auntie's wedding ^___^
    London weather is same as Holland weather... monday was supersuperhot followed on tuesday with thunder and lightning!
    Oh well, i'm glad you had a great day with great food!
    I love your blue skirt and the blouse with peter pan collar ^__^

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you look stunning! In love with the dress
    I want to go to a wedding :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEK YOU ARE A STUNNER. I love this look. You look supremely elegant and classy!

    AND WAH I NEED THAT GIANT RING. It's way awesome.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a June wedding to go to too that was also plagued with rain! :'( There was an awesome cupcake reception after in the church though - at least we could all keep dry! :) x x

    http://angel-in-this-dress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! that blouse is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that skirt in green ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very attractive shade of blue on you! Love the blouse and rings too!

    Amy x
    http://thevirtualstylist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really really love your skirt !!! And you are awesome.Love your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. loveeeeeeee the colour of that skirt! and cupcakes?! YUMS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, I love the maxi skirt! Where did you get it? I have been wanting the exact same one for aaages! :) And i love your new shirt vibes- and how you styled it! Just the shame about the weather :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment. I wanted to go to Glastonbury too, but couldn't get the time off work.
    I'm a lone shopper too, I love to take my time and feel rushed when with friends. I prefer more of a window shopping/fun shopping trip with friends.
    Love the blouse. I like black & white together and it looks so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your silver ring with the blue stone looks sooo amazing<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look lovely. I love your skirt kep seeing it in my hometown Topshop so temted to buy it but am broke. Love blouses i got a similar shaped blouse from Topshop sale so comfy <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. gosh your skirt is flawless! and so are your rings ♥
    cool outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your blouse is pretty
    and yeay for moms who are generous like ours :)
    but mostly I like your blue maxi skirt!
    at least you look pretty despite the rain :)

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look really pretty. I really love your outfit! And thank you for your comment, haha.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like all the outfit, the skirt and the t-shirt are greats!

    Great blog! If you want you can check my blog and if you like it we can follow each other :)

    XX.

    ReplyDelete
  19. SAME - finding myself reaching for a blouse more these days.

    Great look.

    Jen xx
    jjnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your photos! That skirt is such a beautiful color, and it looks great on you!
    hAve a great day!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look amazing:)

    xx marina

    http://malibuananas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. love that maxi skirt!! :D you look awesome!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your blog,

    kind regards from http://thelookinballetshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my god. i looove those rings. rad.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute style !! I like it !!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. The blue skirt has such a lovely shade ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is such a lovely blue skirt! I adore long skirts :D and this blue color is really pretty =)
    Also love the combination with the blouse :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. i adore this outfit, the skirt and shirt are perfect


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really You are looking very lovely.
    The colors of your outfit is very cool. The blue skirt is looking very beautiful with white top..

    Tank Top

    ReplyDelete
  30. too cute! love the vintage vibe of your skirt! And those rings, massive like having a piece of the world on your finger!


    Shanny

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥