10.6.11

le bleu

SAM_4191
SAM_4194
SAM_4187
topshop maxi, H&M cuff, hat from portobello market, top from hong kong, vintage brooches




Don't be fooled by the sun in these photos, it rained straight after I took these photos...

These outfit photos are pretty bad but they were the only ones I took because as I was taking the photos on timer it dropped, fell into a puddle and broke. I desperately tried to retrieve it, but failed. Moral of the story: invest in a tripod so I don't have to balance camera on dodgy bench arm. The last photo came out really bright for some reason but I didn't bother to edit it because I'm too lazy for editing, unless I'm bored, and I thought it came out quite awesome. Didn't notice the hose was in the photos either, but let's just pretend that was intentional.

I bought this maxi from topshop last week, and I don't usually buy many things from topshop because they're quite expensive, and I prefer cheaper alternatives from vintage and charity shops etc, but I couldn't resist this skirt. The colour was vibrant and the material is silkly soft...I'm now looking for bright shirt to try out some colour blocking teamed up with these babies...They didn't have my size when I first found them but now they do! Made my day.
SELENA2_FUC_1

Have a great weekend my lovelies

Lovee
xx

29 comments:

  1. looooooove the skirt, such a beautiful colour, and looking forward to seeing your colour blocking outfit my friend, sounds awesome from your description :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wedges are beauttttttiful.X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to say before reading your post, when did you get some sunshine. It pretty much rained all day here till late evening and the sun popped out for a while.
    I'm always attracted to blues, the skirt is a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looove the skirt!!
    olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit! And I'm really in love with the wedges!
    Where did you find them?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your blog!

    you are beautiful and so are your outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post! Glad I found this blog!

    check out mine? I'm a photographer!

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you want, follow it and I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color of your skirt!
    FRANCESCa
    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I adore the colour of your maxi, you look absolutely stunning m'dear! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh man, so sorry to hear about your camera! I'm going to learn from your lesson and buy a tripod - always end up balancing mine on dodgy surfaces too.
    On a happier note though, you look lovely, and I really like the blue colour of that dress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I recently got a tripod and I really like it,,I mean its really helpful plus you dont need to be afraid all the time that the camera might felt... I saw a couple of good ones at ebay, check it out... Oh I love topshop but I agree with you its a little bit expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your outfit, so perfect for this summer! habinkim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely outfit,the blue is so vibrant! Those shoes would be perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this blue maxi skirt! it's perfect<3 love your blog!

    new post on my blog:)
    http://neiti-ithilienn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hatehatehate when they don't have shoes in my size anymore :( but i'm glad youfound your size afterall :D
    Anyay looove the outfit! The blue is really pretty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loooove the shoes!
    Great blog! Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look very good in maxi skirts!!!
    olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh girl this blue maxi is divine! I love it! your hat is adorable too! gosh i have such a weakness for maxis. I need to get more asap!


    xoxo!
    http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those shoes are AMAZING. I love the way you use that water hose in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love maxi's so much at the moment! I'm wearing a camel pleated one today in fact :) Might just have to get myself a blue one like yours as well, I love how vibrant it is!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Everything! Skirt, hat, tee , the pictures and most of all the shoes!! I just might have to copy that outfit :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous!!

    do you know a great place in london for a placement? i'd love to go there in summer (:
    xx Lea

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad you made a decision to splurge yourself and bought that skirt
    the color and the length are just perfect, melissa!

    LOL
    i always take picture with hose as background as well
    i thought it's a pretty allright props. agree?

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com

    P.S. having a tripod changed my life. ok, slightly exaggerating. but seriously, owning a tripod makes blogging much easier and fun

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh i loooove your outfit!<3
    great blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the blue maxi skirt on you, it's so pretty, and those color block wedges you picked out are hot!!

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥