11.3.12

given to the wild

IMG_4060 IMG_4058 IMG_4068 IMG_4080 IMG_4048 (2) IMG_4085 IMG_4070 (2) IMG_3987
vintage silk shirt and belt, zara skirt and bag, H&M boots


Yesterday was my 17th birthday! I met up with Aimee on Oxford Street where we went to hmv to buy films for the night-I could literally spend ages in hmv looking through every row of cds and dvds, it's unhealthy shopping habit, but who can resist buying a few 2 for £10 old Sherlock Holmes dvds (insert: nerd). sherlock4lyf. We walked up to Carnaby Street for a quick Monki browse, then soho for magazine shopping and a chat over lattes and mochas. I opened my presents-which I love; a Paris Vogue Cover wall frame of Audrey Hepburn, a velvet bow tie (because I love adorning my collars) and a spiked chain-y ear cuff (because I love adorning my ears). Then we headed to Covent Garden to buy pop tarts in cybercandy but unfortunately they didn't have any which weren't frosted, so 'eat a pop tart' is still on my to-do list (along with 'find Andrew Garfield reality alternative', but let's not dwell on that.). As we had to leave to get to Hammersmith earlier, we had  'linner'/ 'dunch' at Benito's Hat, and feasted on monster burritos which left us full for a good few hours. So good. We saw Jack Whitehall at Hammersmith Apollo, which was awesome, Aimee stayed round, and so yeah, that was pretty much my birthday.

I got a new sewing machine finally, which is a big step up from my last 1940s metal sewing machine which is so loud and gives off a smell whenever I use it, but I still love it. I'm hoping to get my creative mode on seeing as I'll be applying for university next year. Le sigh.

I realised the other day that we hadn't made a 'Melissa and Aimee' video in months, so we recorded a few clips of our outing yesterday, so stay tuned for a video within the next week!


Lovee
xx

32 comments:

  1. Love your outfit! x

    http://gockyemma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such an amazing birthday! You look amazing Melissa! Your skirt is so lovely! Can't wait to see a new Melissa and Aimee video :D I really like watching them!

    love, Laura
    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh i would love to see Jack Whitehall live! That cupcake looks delicioso :)

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haaaaaaaappy birthday <3
    You look so great Melissa :)
    Love you both girls!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is gorgeous, and happy birthday for yesterday! Oh my goodness you've never tried a pop tart! they sell them in asda, if thats any help! :) xx

    http://how-to-smell-the-couture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm, that cupcake and your outfit; gorgeous! :) The shirt is so lovely! Your pictures are so pretty, what type of camera are you using? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (again)!
    I love how your hair looks in the third picture!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday, Melissa! Such a gorgeous outfit, I love the skirt and blouse. Actually, I love your bag too hahah (: I LOVED pop tarts when I was younger, might have to get some for the nostalgia~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! You look absolutely gorgeous, adore your perfect skirt and blouse! The photo of you with the lamppost is awesome too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit, and sweet pictures! <3
    And a happy belated birthday to you ;)

    XOXF.
    www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, the red and white of your outfit look really cute :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS OUTFIT YOU PRETTY GIRL :) Hope you had a good birthday, glad you like your presents! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. well happy belated birthday! I just adore your skirt. The pleats are so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday! for yesterday! your outfit is so pretty- love your skirt xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing skirt

    amazing hair (!!!!!!!!)

    and really nice blog!

    Love your photograohy, really authentic, I like that.



















    xxx from paris,
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Abselutley love your shirt! So unique and looks really wearable~ ox

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the look
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your top looks absolutely adorable and I hope you had an awesomw 17th! <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these photos, so happy and full of personality. And your hair is insanely cool!

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are so cute and i love your attire and your hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! I love your hair and your skirt!!!!
    xx
    Dee-VineAnonyme

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Belated Birthday! :) Love that top with the skirt! so cute!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your skirt, so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. i really like your blog and your style too!
    i got those boots!
    Please tell me places to visit in London, 'cause I've seen u took pics in beautiful places/streets

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your outfit choice
    xx
    really nice blog!!

    http://thelondongirlchronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. wonderful skirt and photos:)
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that skirt its wonderful ,these are great pictures.hope you swing by my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful skirt there lovely, hope you had an amazing birthday! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cute outfit! You look so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice photos and really cool outfit, you look great, I love your skirt, what a great shape and that shirt is so nice, the perfect touch to the outfit also you are really beautiful and your boots rock! You have an awesome blog by the way and I am a new follower on GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute shirt :)
    That cupcake just looks too delicious! x

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥