16.7.12

flowers at the v&a

IMG_5680
IMG_5660 IMG_5666 IMG_5262 IMG_5692 IMG_5713 IMG_5693 IMG_5610 IMG_5685dress c/o glamorous // vintage brooch, leather jacket and rucksack // ear cuff/chain from Aimee // converse 

Yesterday Aimee and I went to the ballgown exhibition at the V&A museum, which, if you live in London, I really recommend going to, as the dresses are so beautiful and range from all different decades. Seeing them makes me wish that there are still occasions for balls to dress up for nowadays, as each dress was especially designed and tailored to fit each individual, and I feel the effort and pride people took in their extravagant outfits have been lost (unless you are super rich and have enough £££ to buy couture). It was pretty hard to resist the temptation of touching this Alexander McQueen dress, which I found mesmerising the first time I saw it, and just amazing seeing it up close in detail.The decor there is also awesome, just waiting for ikea to stock some of those white globes/balls so I can have them in my room.

We definately had way too much fun on those spinning top chairs by the fountain in the garden at the V&A, but it had to be done, and maybe we were hogging them from the little kids but the way I see it, we didn't have these when we were young so hey, we're just making up for lost time.

I've been listening to this song a lot recently, it's so perfect for chilling to in the summer.

Lovee
xx

16 comments:

  1. Prettyyyy flowers, man this was a good day, so much (maybe too much) fun on those chairs haha, love the studs on your dress dude! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I've seen these chairs
    at Aimee's blog :P I love
    your dress especially the
    cuts!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress, it's so pretty! You have the most amazing photos in all your posts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shots and your dress is lovely esp. the cut out detailing.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww cute chairs, I wanna sit and try them too.

    xx,
    stylegrenade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I love those spinning chair things!! There was one at the National Design Museum when I went last year and all I did was spin round in it until I forgot which way's up, haha.

    Soo glad the fashion section's re-opened at the V&A, I'm heading down there next week hopefully to take a look, glad you had a fun day! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely exhibition :) Love the dress with its cut outs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. those shots are beautiful and I love your floral sneakers. That exhibition sounds lovely. I love a nice ballgown even if I have nowhere to wear one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the V&A also, your earrings are amazing :)

    xx

    www.susuanalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these photos! That dress is supah cute btw :)

    http://shogoxo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like so much fun! I really love your dress! It is so pretty!

    xoxo, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. your dress is gorgeous, and you look so pretty! i love your blog, would you like to follow each other? xx
    http://brambleandlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are beautiful and I love your dress :)
    Nicole xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that song so so much its beautiful.your dress is really pretty and that ear cuff thing is fricking awesome xx

    ReplyDelete

merci ♥